Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Help For Katie

This week the stamping community is coming together in support of fellow stamper, Katie Renz, who was recently diagnosed with stage 4 gastic cancer. You can read about Katie's story in her own words here on her blog.  Katie's friend, Jak Heath, has coordinated a fundraising event to help Katie and her family during this difficult time.  You can read about all the details on Jak's site.   The links are also in my sidebar.
This week's Teapot Tuesday Challenge on Splitcoast Stampers is also dedicated to Katie.  The details of the challenge are here and there is more information here about how you can send a card to Katie to help lift her spirits.
Here is the card I made for the teapot challenge (flowers and gold) and to send to Katie:


I used the layout from this week's Sketch Spotlight Challenge on StampTV, but flipped it.  I used one of the sentiments from the Gina K. Designs set, Faithful Florals (illustrated by Tami Mayberry) and embossed it with gold EP onto ivory CS.  The flourishes on the image panel are from Nina Brackett's Lovely Labels 2 set, also by Gina K. Designs.  All the layers are GKD Pure Luxury Good As Gold.  I embossed the narrow gold strip with one of the Cuttlebug Organic Flourish border folders.  The patterned paper has beautiful gold accents.  Sorry but it came from my scrap bag and I can't remember the brand.  I finished it with a cluster of Prima flowers.

Keeping Katie and her family in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Carla. I know that Katie will love all these cards. The gold is so pretty here. That sentiment is comforting.. Great job.

    We are on day 3 of no school. Can't get out of my driveway..:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla this is stunning! I love the touch of gold and know Katie will love it too! Love that dp! How are you over in that corner of the state? My hubby's company was closed for 2 days and opening late today. I am not venturing out but he will have to go today. Hope you are OK over there!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, this is beautiful and know it will be a blessing to Katie! Love the floral embellishments and the dp.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla