Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Play Date Cafe Challenge #73

Good morning!  I hope your weekend is off to a great start!  We had record high temperatures here yesterday (mid-80s) and although today is not supposed to be quite as warm as that, it is supposed to be a beautiful day!  I'm looking forward to getting outside to enjoy it!  Before I do, I have a card to share that I made for this week's challenge over in The Play Date Cafe.

Here is the inspiration photo:


My card is also for tthis week's Copics/Promarkers Challenge (CBC0318) on The Outlawz site, which was to make a card with a Spring or Mother's Day theme. 

Here is my card for the challenges:


As soon as I saw the PDCC inspiration photo, I knew I had the perfect patterned paper in my stash.  I used a couple of different patterns from the Cosmo Cricket True Love collection.  My image is a digi from Digital Package #2 set that was generously provided as part of the second fund-raising effort for fellow stamper, Katie Renz.  Check out the Help For Katie blog for more information about Katie and the fund-raising efforts on her behalf.  This beautiful image called Floral Thoughts was designed by Trudy Sjolander of True =D Doodle Designs.  I colored it with Copic markers then sponged a little Tim Holtz Scattered Straw Distress Ink around it.  The sentiment is from the JustRite Happy Everything Tag kit.  A silk ribbon bow finished my card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Enjoy your weekend!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I love the image and your coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, this is stunning!! Love Your beautiful silk bow and that is one wonderful digi. Such lovely coloring. I am sure you have the perfect paper.lol Rick and I went to Winston this afternoon and I brought some paper home, Imagine that. Have a great rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Wonderful coloring job and that big bow is just delicious! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Carla! THat is gorgeous patterned paper you had in your stash, and it sure does fit the challenge - wow. Your coloring of the floral bouquet is just beautiful, too. THanks for playing with us at the Play Date CAfe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can almost smell those flowers. They look so real. This is gorgeous. I love the way you colored your image. Great job. I loved the weather on Friday. Spent all day out on the deck coloring some images and reading. Felt great to just relax..

    ReplyDelete
  6. So lovely Carla! I agree - beautiful paper you have chosen! Thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! Great take on the color story! And that big, lucious bow is the perfect finishing touch! Thanks so much for playing along with us, this week, in The Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! I am in awe--this is a beautiful card--lovely use of papers, that image is stunning, and I LOOOOOOOVE that bow! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla