Monday, September 5, 2011

Mo's DP2 Challenge #98 - Sketch Challenge

Happy Monday and Happy Labor Day, if you are celebrating!  It has been raining here pretty much non-stop since yesterday.  Today we are getting the heavy rain and wind from the tropical storm as it makes it way inland.  It's been a good day to stay inside and catch up on things.  I did make it to my craft room for a bit so I had a chance to make my card for this week's Mo's DP2 Challenge, which this time was a sketch challenge.

Here is the sketch for the challenge:


Here is my take on the sketch:



I made a pretty big card (6" square).  I hope I can dig up an envelope big enough for it!  The card base is SU Rose Red and all the patterned paper is from the Prima Annalee 6x6 pad.  I chose this sweet  Mo Manning image called Nelly.  You can find her in Mo's shop.  I printed her on Cryogen White Iridescent and colored her with Copic markers.  I cut out the image panel with Spellbinders Classic Circles Small Nestabilities and matted with a Scalloped Circle Nestie.  The sentiment is from Heartfelt Creations set Mini Message Cursive.  A satin bow and a few Prima roses completed my card.

Thanks for visiting!  I so appreciate it when you do!  Hope to see you soon!
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Hi Carla...how have you been, girlfriend?! Are you all settled in after the move? Hope so. Your card, m'dear, is gorgeous!! I love the DPs you used...really beautifully showcase this little cutie! Your coloring rocks...as always!! So good to see you again at Mo's...thanks so much for joining us!! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, this is beautiful! The roses in the corners of the DP are so perfect! Always love seeing your work! Glad you shared this with us in Mo's Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgoeus, love the sketch, image and your fantastic coloring!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is precious my friend. I Love that paper. I miss you. Hope you are settled. I am swamped at work from the hurricane but will catch up soon. Did you get my card? I hope it didn't get lost..hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla