Sunday, February 17, 2013

Top Banana

Hi there!  Happy Sunday!  I hope you had a good weekend and you are gearing up for a great week ahead. As I said yesterday, I rarely have time to post over the weekend, but again, I wanted to share  a couple of cards I made with another new set from Create With TLC.  This is a really fun set!

Here is my first card:


My card base and mats are SU Soft Sky and the patterned paper is from the new Authentique Renew 8x8 pad.  The bunch of bananas is an image from the Top Banana set in Paulette's Create With TLC store here.  I printed it on Copic X-Press It and colored it with my Copics.  I cut it out with my Cameo and popped it up on foam tape.  The sentiment is from the same set.   A simple striped ribbon bow finished my card.   Oh, and I used the sketch from Sweet Sunday Sketch #178 for my layout.

Here is the sketch:


Here is my second card:


My card base and mats are SU Chocolate Chip and the patterned paper is from the Basic Grey Origins 6x6 pad.  I added some bamboo that I cut with my Cameo out of Gumball Green cardstock using a cut file from the Silhouette Store.  The cute monkey is also from the Top Banana set, as is the fun sentiment.  I colored the monkey with my Copics then cut him out with my Cameo and popped him up.  A rhinestone butterfly finished my simple card.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great evening!  I'll be popping by to visit later tonight or tomorrow morning.
Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. REALLY, bananas on a card? I LOVE it, who'd a thought! Teh papers and colors are yummy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweet SSW cards always rock. The papers are stunning as is your coloring. Geez, how can I compete? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are sooo awesome! Just love both of these ;) Funny how we both used the same sketch for the 1st one ;)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards made me chuckle! How cute are these. Bananas?! Now there's a novel idea! What a treat to receive this.
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your creations are really adorable!! Love the layout on the top card!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both are fabolous Carla!!

    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these are just so cute! I especially love the first one...it just caught my eye first thing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Carla, you do bananas great alright, they look you can grab them off the produce counter at a local supermarket! I'll bet your cute monkey would agree too ;)S

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely bananas card!!! Such fantastic colors, and also love your monkey card!!! So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun cards, Carla. The sentiments fit each one perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous cards sweetie love the colours on the first one & the monkey is fab on the 2nd.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. That banana looks real!! It's a good think you have a monkey around. Love your cards.
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  14. The inner part of the banana looks so realistic. The outside looks great too except the yellow part seems too bright but I'm sure that's my monitor! One of my fave things you've coloured since I started following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are both mighty cute. I love the papers you used and the little monkey is darling. Great coloring! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh these are both wonderful Carla! I love the top one with that great sentiment... and love the bamboo you cut with the Cameo! What a nice touch!!! As always, your coloring is awesome!

    Hope all is well with you!!!
    hugs,
    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cards are gorgeous. Love the coloring of your bananas and great bamboo die cut. I have never seen that die before, but it is perfect. I have been trying to leave a comment all day, but my computer is acting up so sorry it took me so long. I had to get on my iPad.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha ha! I love the banana card Carla. How fun is that. Your coloring is really realistic. Great job on both creations. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh, how adorable are these! I love the papers and the sentiment on the first card with the bananas and that little monkey is precious!
    Hugz,
    Roxann

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous creations and the banana on the first looks so realistic.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab cards Carla and both such fun designs...Top Banana is one of my fav sayings lol! :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Both cards are fabulous.

    The banana card made me grin and the monkey card made me giggle 'cause he's just so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla