Thursday, June 13, 2013

Little Miss Muffet Challenge #63 - Happy Family

Good morning!  Happy Thursday!  Hope you've had a good week!  It's Thursday again and time for a new challenge over at the Little Miss Muffet Challenge blog!  The theme this time is "happy family". We want to see you use more than one image for this. There are lots of cute LMM stamps that would fit this theme perfectly!

Here is my DT card:


I don't know what's happened to me.  My card designs have been leaning toward the more simple side lately!  In this case, the theme and the stamps I wanted to use seemed to call for a more CAS design.  The card base and mats are SU Real Red and the patterned papers are from the Simple Stories Summer Fresh 6x6 pad.  The adorable images are all from the Van Family Combo from Little Miss Muffet Stamps.  I merged the Van Family Grandma, Mom, Dad and two cats to make my family scene (just like my own family, but with a lot of artistic license - lol!).  I printed the merged image on Make it Colour Blending Card and colored it with my Copics, trying to give it a kind of cartoon look.  I added some highlights and polka dots with my Sharpie White Paint Pen.  I also added Glossy Accents to Grandma's glasses. The sentiment is from Create With TLC.  I thought it was perfect for the image!  A cluster of tags and a photo corner cut from the same patterned paper finished my card.

Here is a close-up of the image:


Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the Little Miss Muffet Challenge blog and check out the adorable family creations from the rest of the DT and our wonderful guest designers, Stephanie and Lisette!  We hope you will play along this time!  You have until Tuesday, June 25 at 11:59 PM CDT to enter your project.  If you use a Little Miss Muffet Stamp or any Pollycraft image, you can enter as "anything goes" and enter as many times as you'd like.  If not, please follow the theme and enter only once.

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Friday Sketch Challenge #45 (sketch)
Through the Craftroom Door Challenge (anything goes)

Here is FSC-45:


Have a great day and I'll see you soon!
Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. Carla, this card is great and made me smile! Love it. Have a great week. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card Carla!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute is this! I love the coloring on this and as always your choice of papers is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute fam! Love your colouring, Carla!
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your happy family brings a big smile on my face Carla...gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. another award winning card for sure!!! Your coloring is always so perfect, I hope to be as good as you when I grow up!!!! (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling card, Carla! Love the fun image, your coloring, and that fab paper you used! Love the take on the image, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabulous card Carla. Love this image.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card, think it is fantastic. With three images on it you don't need a lot of extras. It is great just the way it is. Beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This made me smile Carla, fabulous!! hugs, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been leaning in the same direction myself. Some stamps just look better CAS. You've got an awfully sweet looking little family here Carla. The tags and banners are fun. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Big smiles on this one my crafty friend! Totally fantastic use of your Sharpie White Paint Pen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute stamp, Carla. They are such a sweet family; awesome coloring. Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sometimes, some images just need to be CAS Carla and I have been leaning in the opposite direction - layering. I think its a great looking family:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Carla, this one is so cute. Sometimes an image speaks to us and says I just need a little bit because I am so cute that I can stand alone! This just needed everything you did, and funny enough without even seeing this sketch, my father's day card is basically the same simple layout with similar papers. Well done :)S

    ReplyDelete
  16. Too cute Carla and such a fun design...love the images you have merged and your card is adorable :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carla this is so cute - wonderfully done. I am afraid I am a little behind in my blog snooping!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely card, great take on this weeks sketch.
    Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketch Challenge.
    Hugs Debs

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a cute card, Carla! Love the family of images and your coloring is always awesome. So glad you shared at TTCRD!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Somehow I missed this card...I love the bright, cheery colors. This image is wonderful...Great job...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fun and cute card! I love the family and the way you colored them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Carla, That is one amazing family, I think I see them on the back of cars or maybe not yours are colored, haha darling card and so much fun.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla