Friday, June 14, 2013

Make it Crafty Coloring Challenge

Hi again!  I'm back this morning with a quick post to share a card I made for the Make it Crafty Coloring challenge on Facebook.  It ends in just a couple of days, so I didn't want to miss out.  The challenge was to color brown hair and there were three difficulty levels: easy (just brown hair), medium (brown hair with fine details) and difficult (brown hair with fine details and a top right light source).   Given that my coloring skills have decided to take a vacation, I should have stuck with the easy challenge, but I decided to go ahead and try the difficult one.

Here is my attempt:


My card base and mats are GKD Cranberry Tart and the patterned papers are from the Carta Bella Beautiful Moments 6x6 pad.  The gorgeous image is Zoe by Krista Smith for Make it Crafty.  Krista designed this image especially for Zoe to use in her "Coloring Long Hair in Fine Detail" EBook.  I printed out the image on Make it Colour Blending Card and colored her with my Copics, attempting to follow Zoe's fantastic tutorial in the EBook.  Let's just say I still need a lot of practice with long hair, that's for sure!  I kept my card simple otherwise, just adding a ribbon, bow and a few pearls for embellishments. There is a bit of Gold Liquid Pearls on her pendant.

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Copic colors:
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, R20
Hair: E35, E37, E47, E49, E51
Dress: R22, R29, R46, R59

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope to be by to visit you a little later today.

I am also entering my card in the following challenges:
Sweet Sketch Wednesday #210 (sketch)
No Matter Which Challenge #10 (BINGO - one from each column; I used ribbon from column 1, pearls from column 2 and bows from column 3)

Here is SSW-210:



Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

23 comments:

  1. The girl with the red dress has the most amazing hair I think I have ever seen. The coloring is a real wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carla, girl you aced this, it's gorgeous, your coloring is out of this world!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job on your coloring! The red makes everything just pop! Happy to have you with us at SSW.
    Hugs, Heide SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a-mazing! Love the coloring on her hair!! Thanks for sharing your work with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you just look at that lovely hair! Gorgeous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your coloring is just fabulous, Carla! Great take on the sketch, love the wonderful DP, colors, & embellies! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carla, her hair looks amazing! Soft and natural (if having that much hair can be "natural", lol...I'm so envious...). And her red dress is a lovely compliment to the brunette hair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carla, I think you did a wonderful job on her hair. I have that book, printed it out and have not had time to look at it except for the fact it printed in b/w instead of color. Did yours? I wanted it in color but didn't figure out what was wrong. Your card really is beautiful, love that sketch and also think the colors are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Carla, your card is beautiful, I love Zoe with the red dress, your colouring look totally amazing. Your papers and ribbon are lovely not too over the top that would detract from your lovely image. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT
    P.S Yes I've just purchased those books also from MIC I printed them last night and bound them so some good bedtime reading.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really beautiful Carla! The hair is just amazing and I love the lush colours! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, look at that amazing hair!!! Beautiful work...I am still ohhhhing and awwwwing. Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow gorgeous card and your colouring is fab! Thanks for sharing with us at NMWC
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your coloring looks just perfect to me! She is just beautiful and you've really brought her to life. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous coloring, Carla. I love how you did her hair.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Doesn't look like your colouring skills went that far!! This looks amazing, such depth and tone to her hair, fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really pretty Carla and she is beautifully colored!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Carla, the hair is beautiful. Just beautiful. I always love how you color your images and the card is wonderful. Good Luck...Hugz, joann

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card, and great colouring.

    The colour scheme is great and I love your papers.

    Thank you for sharing with us at SSW this week.

    Holly
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Carla, I think your coloring skills are amazing!!! This girl is stunning. Actually, your whole entire card is fabulous. Love your papers. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful hair!! Wonderful card!! Love to have you play along with our Sketch Challenge at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wowzers Carla - the coloring is fantastic here and the papers are just stunning with it. Thanks for playing along with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!
    Sharon, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. You're too hard on yourself.

    I think her hair looks gorgeous and also think you did a fantastic job coloring that dress with the oh-so-difficult reds!

    I love how the muted papers make that image totally pop.

    Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful card. Fabulous hair work. Thank you for sharing and joining us at NMWC. Hugs, Velma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla