Thursday, May 22, 2014

Butterfly Dreams

Hi again!  I'm back with a second quick post today to share another card I made for a couple of challenges I enjoy doing when I can find time.  I managed to finish this one in between other things and one of the challenges is ending today, so here I am.

Here is my card:


My card base and mats are SU Island Indigo and the sparkly patterned papers are from the DCWV Mariposa Stack.  The gorgeous image is Girl Flower Butterfly from Aurora Wings.  I printed her on MiC Blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  I added Gold Stickles to the little "bubbles" to match the gold glitter on the papers.  A bit of lace and a few pearls from my stash finished my card.
 
Here is a close-up of the image:

 
Copic Colors:
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
Hair: E50, E53, E57
Big flowers: R22, R35, R37, R46, R59
Blue flowers: B60, B91, B95, B97
Big butterflies: BG10, BG02, BG05, BG07, BG09, BG49
Small butterflies: YR12, YR15, YR18
Tiny leaves: YG01, YG25, YG67

I am entering my card in the following challenges:
Aurora Wings Challenge #3 (butterflies)
Craft Your Passion #214 (pearls and lace)
Creative Fingers Challenge #36 (girly)

Thanks for stopping by again!  Have a wonderful evening and see you soon!
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Carla and fab coloring!!
    XXX Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how colorful yet vintage this looks, Carla. The deep teal blue mats anchor it while providing a beautiful contrast. What a gorgeous creation! Thank you so much for joining Aurora Wings' challenge with this beauty. Hugs, Mitzi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card. Beautiful coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous, loving the colours, hugs Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, some intricate coloring here and done perfectly. Really like this image and your papers are great with it. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning and so beautifully colored, Carla. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just so gorgeous, Carla! Love your coloring, as you well know! And your color palette is beautiful, as is the DP. Great design, too! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card! Love the magnificient colouring. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. hugs, Helena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beautiful card Carla...Love your wonderful coloring..Hugs, joann

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my such super colouring.A beautiful colour palette and a gorgeous card.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally GORGEOUS, Carla! Love your coloring and the DP you chose looks fabulous with the image. Love the gold sparkle, too. Thanks so much for joining us for our Butterflies Challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Carla! I have been an admirer of your work for a long time. This is another gorgeous piece! Love your colors and your coloring. Thanks for joining us at Aurora Wings and for using one of Mitzi's images. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla