Saturday, July 19, 2014

Dancing Fairy

Hello again!  I'm back with a super quick post to share a fun card I was working on and managed to finish up.  This one was just for fun and coloring practice, something I don't get to do very often.

Here is my card:
 

My card base and mats are SU Pool Party and the patterned paper is from the Prima Fairy Flora 6x6 pad.  The whimsical image is Dancing Floral Fairy from Make it Crafty.  She's one of a series of three pretty floral fairies with some extras, too.  I printed her on MiC blending Card and colored her with my Copics.  I've been trying to practice my creases and folds at every opportunity.  I struggled with this one a little, but I am going to go back over some of the lessons in Zoe's Techniques Behind My Creases and Folds eBook and see if I can refine this a bit for next time. I added a little white dot detail to her hair with my Sharpie White Paint Pen.  I also added a dotted background in pale pastels with my Copics. A few gems and some Wild Orchid Crafts flowers finished my simple card. 

Here is a close-up of the colored image:


Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, E04, R20
Hair: RV10, R81, R83, R85, R89
Greens: YG01, YG03, YG25, YG17, YG67, G94
Wings: BG10, BG45, BG53, BG57

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to check out the Make it Crafty Facebook page for lots of inspiration, encouragement and fun chat!  You'll always have a heads-up on new releases, specials and friendly challenges!  And don't forget about the new photo gallery over at the MiC store!  Be sure to enter all your MiC projects there. It's simple to do and your project might just be picked for the Feature Gallery!

Have a great day and see you soon!
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet fairy, so colourful and pretty, nicely done Carla
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this on FB! Love the coloring--so pretty! :^) Beautifully-designed, Carla, and such wonderful DP & flowers! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla, you do such an excellent job coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, Carla. I've got this pad, my second - it's nearly gone now though and I can't seem to get a replacement, I think it's discontinued :-(( Your colouring is fabulous, and the new fairies from MiC are really sweet, TFS, Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloring looks awesome to me Carla. Those white dots are fun. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this sweet image and your coloring is beautiful. You always pick just the perfect color design. Hugs, joann sassy raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't tell you how beautiful I think this project is Carla x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting and leaving me a comment! I really appreciate it! Carla